Are you facing charges for possessing an illegal substance Northwest Arkansas? Could even be facing possible other charges that go hand in hand with drug possession?
Drug arrests are a severe legal event that can affect all the aspects of your life for the future. Once can face fines, loss of rights, and even life in prison. Drug offenses in Arkansas are met with increased penalties when the subject is a repeat offender, or the drug crimes took place near certain facilities like schools, day-cares and city parks.
Possible drug crimes:
- Possession of a controlled substance
- Cultivation or production of a controlled substance
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Possession of nitrous oxide for intoxication
If you have charges related to drug possession, call Bo Morton at Morton Law to have an experienced lawyer in your corner.
You May Have a Defense
Under Arkansas law regarding drug crimes controlled substances are illegal. Drug arrests have a large number of errors that could cause a case to fall apart.
Some defenses include:
- Did the officers have a right to stop you and search your person or property?
- Were you read you your rights before collecting testimony?
- Do the drugs belong to someone else?
- Unaware they were even in your home or car?
Alternatives to Incarceration In Benton County
If you see yourself facing drug charges, it is wise to reach out to an attorney. A Benton County defense attorney may be able to arrange probation or entry into the Benton County Drug Court program instead of going to jail.